At the Ramsay Law Firm, P.A., our Charlotte workers’ compensation attorneys know, according to the National Safety Council (NSC), that a worker is injured on the job every seven seconds in the United States.
This equates to:
- 510 work injuries per hour.
- 12,600 workers per day.
- 88,600 workers per week.
- 6 million workers per year.
When North Carolina workers are hurt while doing their jobs. The North Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act protects injured workers by making them eligible for medical care and wage replacement benefits provided by their employer’s insurance coverage.
What are the Top Causes of Workplace Injuries?
The NSC publishes the Top 3 Workplace Injury Events resulting in lost work days each year.
The last statistics reported these injurious events as:
- 54% Overexertion: Lifting, lowering, and repetitive motions.
- 26% Contact with Objects and Equipment: Struck by or against an object; Caught in or compressed by equipment or objects; Struck, caught, or crushed in collapsing structure, equipment, or material.
- 8% Slips, Trips & Falls: Falls to a lower level; Falls on the same level.
Which Occupations Account for the Most Workplace Injuries?
- Service, including Law Enforcement and Firefighters.
- Transportation and Shipping.
- Manufacturing and Production.
- Installation, Maintenance, and Repair.
Have You Been Injured at Work in North Carolina?
Our dedicated Mecklenburg County workers’ compensation law firm provides free consultations to all employees who have suffered a workplace injury in North Carolina by calling (704)-376-1616 or contacting us online.
A Voice For The Injured. Here Every Step of The Way