How to get medial treatment, personal injury, workers compensation, attorney, lawyer, Charlotte, NC

Mecklenburg County Legal Help for Injured Workers Seeking Medical Treatment

You were hurt on the job. You went to the company doctor. Now they are telling you they can’t get your medical treatment approved. Nothing seems to be happening, and your pain is getting worse. You need help, but where do you turn?

An experienced Charlotte medical treatment lawyer at the Ramsay Law Firm can answer your questions and take legal action to get you the medical treatment you need after a workplace injury. Contact us today for a free consultation. Call 704-376-1616 or toll free from anywhere in North Carolina at 877-576-5500.

Can I See My Own Doctor?

In North Carolina, the standard practice in workers’ compensation cases is for the employer to choose the doctor. That does not mean that you can’t see your own doctor, just that there will probably be a question about who pays if you do.

If you are having a problem with increasing pain and your doctor is ignoring you or belittling you, call us. If your employer has sent you to an urgent care clinic and you feel like you aren’t getting the kind of attention you need, call us. If you need answers about your rights and options, call us. We can help.

Don’t Let Mistakes Keep You From Getting the Medical Treatment You Need

If you are having problems getting benefits started, we can help. We can quickly determine the nature and severity of the issue and can litigate on your behalf, if necessary. We will act quickly to determine the source of any delay in medical treatment. Delay is often due to:

  • An adjuster going on vacation or being unavailable
  • The employer telling the insurance company not to cover your injuries
  • The doctor failing to file the appropriate reports

If it’s an accepted claim and your doctor is having difficulty getting authorization for tests, surgery or other medical treatment, the Industrial Commission has the power to order the procedure. This may take as little as a couple of weeks. Do not wait to contact a lawyer for help. The sooner you get legal representation, the sooner you can get what you need to feel better.

Contact Us Today

At the Ramsay Law Firm, we can work with your doctor to make the relationship between the procedure and your workplace injury clear and to document the necessity of the procedure. Call us today at 704-376-1616 or toll free from anywhere in North Carolina at 877-576-5500 to discuss your case with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. You can also contact us by e-mail to schedule an appointment. Your consultation will be informative and free.